2026-08-11

Dutch cheese in French bread roll with a Italian style

 I don’t think I ever intended to become an influencer, but I’m glad it happened, especially because of the reasons behind it.

I have something a little lighter to share, something very typical for a blogger: food.

Another topic of mine is agriculture in the Netherlands, which is always very interesting for me. I’ve also probably mentioned something that is very well known to many people: the Netherlands is also a country of cheese. The Dutch have created many cheeses that are now famous all over the world, and it’s not just Gouda — pronounced correctly in Dutch as “chou-da,” with the G being the characteristic Dutch guttural “ch” sound.

I also buy affordable Dutch cheeses when I’m outside the Netherlands. 

Right now, I have something here made with one of the grated Dutch cheeses. It’s a very quick dish, inspired by my favorite Italian cuisine…

French bread roll, Dutch cheese and Italian seasoning. There’s also some ketchup and tomatoes. The filled French bread rolls just need to be put in the microwave.

A meal bringing France, the Netherlands and Italy.